I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Country #11: Poland


Zywiec (pronounced "ziv-ee-yek" I think) is the main beer in Poland. They've been making it in the small town of Zywiec for around 150 years and are now exporting it all over the world, especially to the United States (which has a large Polish community). And it is a good solid beer in my opinion: a full strength, full flavoured pilsner, big and meaty, kind of like Polish food (which I'm a big fan of). It's therefor quite baffling why I am drinking it out of a wine glass in this photo; I think it was at the end of a messy night. Anyway, cheers to the Poles, this beer is a winner in my book!



Name: Zywiec
Country of production: Poland
Style: Pilsner
Taste: Good solid body, lightly hopped, goes well with Eastern European food
Cost: around AU$7 per bottle
Availability in AU: Low
Cred: Medium
My score: 7.5 out of 10 smoked pork sausages

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear! I have many close Polish friends but have never heard of decent Polish beer before (vodka, vodka, vodka they say...) . I must track some down...

    Cheers,
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete