I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Monday, May 16, 2011

Country #8: Greece


I noticed a beer called Mythos in my local bottleshop recently that was made in Greece and claimed to be “the most Hellenic beer in the world!”. I obviously needed to get some, not only to ensure continued success on my beer quest, but also to find out what this was all about. I didn’t have any what on earth would constitute the “Hellenic-ness” of a beer, and after drinking a few Mythos lagers, I’m afraid I’m still not sure. Anyway, Mythos turned out to be a very average lager beer: there’s nothing particularly wrong with it, but nothing really right about it either. It has that generic lager taste that you find when drinking those discount beers from bottleshops with names like “Hollandia” and “Bavaria” (which if I’m not mistaken, are strangely made in Germany and Holland respectively). It went down easily enough but I can’t see myself getting any again. (I’m not sure why I look so incredibly happy in this photo, might have had something to do with the significant number of beers I’d had before trying the Mythos).

Name: Mythos
Country of production: Greece
Style: Lager
Taste: Very generic lager beer
Cost: AU$17 for a sixpack
Availability in AU: Low
Cred: Low
My score: 5 out of 10 international debt defaults

No comments:

Post a Comment