I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Sunday, January 6, 2013

#23: Croatia

Being pretty close to squat in the middle of Europe, I figure Croatia would produce and consume a fair bit of beer, at least for a country of a bit over 4 million people. I've occassionally been able to stumble across this beer, Karlovacko (which I suspect is pronounced "Karlo-Vachko", though admittedly I'm making that up), and figure my chances of ever finding a Croatian craft beer are slim to none, so I might as well do this.

Not really much to say here; it's a very bog-standard European yellow lager. Decent quality, fairly boring. Tastes kind of like Heineken and 14 million other similar beers. Goes down pretty well on a hot day, inoffensive but not original taste, blah blah. It apparently won some sort of award at some sort of event, but you know, so did Taiwan Beer, so go figure. I look surprisingly excited in that photo, considering how unexciting the beer was; I offer no explanation thereof.


Name: Karlovacko
Country of production: Republic of Croatia
Style: Pale lager
Taste: Like almost every other European pale lager
Cost: around AU$5 per bottle
Availability in AU: Fairly low
Cred: Medium
My score: 6.5 out of 10 frenzied bouts of inexplicable and ruthless warfare

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    Could you check out www.catablog.com.au as we'd like you to register your blog with us.

    Thanks

    The CataBlog team

    ReplyDelete