I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#21: El Salvador

El Salvador is a very small and densely populated country in Central America (or at least that's what Wikipedia tells me). It's between Guatemala and Honduras and is subject to frequent devastating natural disasters, and that's about all I know about it. Strangely enough, this small country produces a beer that keeps popping up all over the damn place, Cabana. Sadly, I have very few good things to say about it. It has the Central American style of pale and mild lagers, but takes it to quite an extreme level. In fact, this is one of the most tasteless beers I've encountered. Apart from having some alcohol content, it's quite similar to mineral water. While it doesn't have any actual unpleasant tastes, like Hite or Taiwan Beer, I can't really recommend it for anyone other than someone who hates the taste of beer, in which case they should probably drink something else. It would go down easily on a hot summer's day, but so would a Corona or Dos Equis, which taste better than this.


Name: Cabana
Country of production: Republic of El Salvador
Style: Lager
Taste: Almost nothing whatsoever
Cost: around AU$4 per bottle
Availability in AU: Surprisingly high
Cred: Low
My score: 3 out of 10 mudslides

No comments:

Post a Comment