I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Saturday, December 1, 2012

#20: Cyprus

Cyprus is a small island republic in the Mediterranean, mainly known for being a battleground for an ancient dispute between Greece and Turkey as to who owns it (don't the Cypriots get a say in any of this?). It's certainly not known for making beer, so when a Cypriot beer turned up on a menu in a new Greek restaurant in Sydney, I obviously jumped at the opportunity.

Keo is as far as I can tell the main beer brand in Cyprus, and to me, it tastes quite a lot (like, really a lot) like the Greek beer Mythos which I did for this blog a while ago. Basically, another pretty generic straw coloured European lager. It worked pretty well with the tasty Greek meal I was eating it with, but if I went back I would probably choose another more interesting beer.


Name: Keo
Country of production: Republic of Cyprus
Style: Lager
Taste: Pretty bog-standard cheap European lager, reminiscent of Mythos
Cost: around AU$5.00 per bottle
Availability in AU: Low
Cred: Medium to high
My score: 5 out of 10 ancient struggles for national identity

No comments:

Post a Comment