I've decided to drink one beer from every country in the world. I know it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. And that someone is me. The rules: I have to drink the whole beer, I have to photograph it to prove that I've done it, and it has to be an official, commercially produced beer (no homebrews). The only countries I can skip are ones that don't produce beer (haven't found any yet).

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Country #2: Mexico


Viva la Mexico!
For this proud North American nation, I have chosen to drink not the well-known Corona (which I think is not a very great beer), but Dos Equis. I've never been to Mexico, but apparently, Corona is like Australia's Fosters: a cheap, nasty and thoroughly unpopular export beer and no Mexican can understand that anyone drinks it.
Anyway Dos Equis ("two crosses" in Spanish) produces a couple of beers but their flagship drink is a pale lager, and I quaffed one while devouring two beef tacos from the awesome Mexican joint Guzman y Gomes (which has several branches in Sydney). Like Corona, it's not a very full flavoured beer, but it's not bad, and goes down very easily with spicy and tasty Mexican food.


Name: Dos Equis Lager
Country of production: Mexico
Style: Traditional Lager
Taste: Light and mild flavour, recommended for spicy strong-flavoured food
Cost: $8 from Guzman y Gomez
Availability in AU: Low
Cred: Low (but admittedly higher than Corona)
My score: 6 out of 10 beer banditos

1 comment:

  1. Also, it's drunk by the Most Interesting Man in the World.

    ReplyDelete